FacebookTwitterBloggerYouTubeLinkedIn
Jamie's Blog

Monday, August 27, 2012

Celebrating The Ordinary

A friend of mine in the fight against breast cancer blogged about an experience she had as she drove along a familiar road. The cloud formations caught her eye, and rather than zipping along to her important destination, she stopped the car, climbed out with her camera, and beheld the staggering beauty. Just another puffy-clouds-on-blue-sky day became a soul-renewing celebration of the ordinary.  

She was so moved by this surprise that she challenged her sisters-in-arms to look for the treasures hidden in our daily lives and photograph them, just for one week, and share them in our blogs.  

Seven days, seven photographs celebrating ordinary things. Simple enough. 
Here I go!

DAY ONE
I sipped my morning coffee and pondered how to make my selection when my cat assumed her post at my side, purring and tapping my arm for her morning scratch. I rubbed under her chin and around her ears, both of us lost in reverie.  So of course, my first photo would be of this sweet ritual.

                  ~ORDINARY GOODNESS~



DAY TWO

 That was Saturday morning, and I fully intended to post my second photo the next day, but food poisoning laid me low until late Sunday afternoon. As soon as felt a wisp of energy I wandered into the garden to soak in the beauty and fragrance. My hands can never pass by a weed or a faded bloom without pinching or snipping, so soon I was digging and planting in a cloud of clippings and dirt. A couple of hours later I rolled up the hose, dusted off my hands, and surveyed my domain. The flowerbed looked good and I felt good, too. 
In fact, I felt all better.
                                          ~ORDINARY MIRACLE~



DAY THREE will arrive on the fourth day. Simple is not necessarily easy.


2 comments:

  1. I have two cats, so I know the pleasure of a good under-the-chin rub. I love the garden picture. It's such a tranquil hobby, and that image is so nice.

    ReplyDelete