FacebookTwitterBloggerYouTubeLinkedIn
Jamie's Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2012

MedicineX Magical Mystery Tour

Welcome to the magical mystery tour that is StanfordMedicineX .  This conference is already magical and it hasn’t even begun.  Here’s one big reason why: 


 I was married at Stanford’s Memorial Chapel. 

Yep, that's me in the white dress. Quaint little place, isn't it?
In fact, I am a local girl, a Hewlett-Packard brat from the early days with Bill and Dave.  I grew up in Cupertino when it was nothing but orchards—nary a silicon tree in sight—and lived in one of the first Eichler homes (move over Steve Jobs).
Stanford was my back yard: I used the library during high school, took summer school classes during college; my husband proposed to me in front of the chapel, and we sealed the deal  in that magnificent sanctuary.  You should have heard Whiter Shade Of Pale booming out of that cathedral sized pipe organ as I walked down the aisle to my groom.

Another piece of  magic is that I am attending this conference as a member of the media.  Thanks to WEGO Health Press Corp I get to attend as many presentations as I can squeeze into one weekend, all of them brilliant and amazing, and bring you along with me with my tweets, posts, and blogs. 

The mystery part is that I have no idea what to expect, except that my mind and heart will be expanded beyond imagination.  Just one of the cool things is the Global Access Program so that anyone who wants to follow the program in real time can. It will include streaming video of the conference plenary proceedings, live photos, and other updates. The program is an unprecedented effort to bring Stanford Medicine X live to your desktop, phone, or tablet device.
So follow this link, register and join the fun. 

My twitter ID is @ibeatcancrtwice and the hashtags are #medX and #WHPC for WEGO Health Press Corp.

I am off to pick up my registration materials, so I'll sign off for now. 

Jamie, intrepid reporter.









No comments:

Post a Comment